A short story about “Google”
Today, Let us know a short story about “Google”. The company Google is one of the largest companies in the world with a huge impact on our daily lives. Everyone knows the company and it is no longer just the search engine, as for how it once started. Everyone has some doubts that:
- what are the story and people behind Google?
- What is the (short) history of the company?
- Interesting facts about Google
- Why it is called Google?
Founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin
In 1995, two youngsters “Larry Page” and “Sergey Brin“ from Stanford University decided to work together on a project called “BackRub”. Their main aim is that the “BackRub” had to ensure that all information available on the internet was arranged so that everyone who went on the internet could easily find what they were looking for.
What is the (short) history of the company?
The years after that, Google is growing very fast. Larry Page and Sergey Brin make the first investment of $ 100,000 and start their business in an attic room. They quickly expanded into staff (all programmers) and moved to their first office in 1999.
The database of Google is growing rapidly at the time: from 60 million web pages in 1998 to 1 billion web pages in June 2000. This is also the moment that Google enters into a partnership with Yahoo where Google becomes the standard search provider. This immediately makes Google the world’s largest search provider.
At that time, Google is no longer only available in the US. Other languages are quickly added, including Dutch and Chinese in 2000.
Happy Birthday “Google”
World’s number one search engine called “Google” is celebrating its 20th birthday with an adorable video on its development. Google has changed the world and grown bigger over the years. In the past, Google has celebrated:
- It’s 15-years anniversary on September 27, 2013, and
- It’s 18th birth anniversary on the same day with an animated doodle shown on web browser around the world.
It has utilized different dates for its official birthday and the explanation behind the decision of September 27 stays unclear.
Interesting facts about “Google”
- The most interesting fact about the Google search alternatives is now accessible in excess of 150 presently and more than 190 nations Google is as yet devoted to building products for everyone.
- Google was located at Stanford, the headquarters are now in Mountain View, California. However, their employees 60,000+ are working from 50 different countries all over the world.
- Toward the finish of the 20th anniversary video, which is certain to make anyone nostalgic, Google thanks to it viewers in different languages which makes everyone special. After all, we are altogether joined together and moved nearer by Google.
Why it is named as Google?
Previously Google has named as Backrub by Brin and Page. However, in 1997 it has renamed Backrub to Google with a play on the mathematical expression for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros.
Because the Brin and Page pair believed the name aptly reflected their mission “to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.”